Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Moon Update


Right now I'm at a hotel provided by Red Cross. Check out is Fri 4.16.10 at noon. On 4.14.10 Andrew and I will be checking the post office for some documents we need in order to get housing. It will be a shelter, however not a group room with cot's. Its an apartment like facility.

Happy New Moon in Aries! Andrew is an Aries by the way...This phase of the moon takes place on 4/14/10 at 8:29am http://www.cafeastrology.com/thisweekinastrology.html.

Its quite stressful not knowing where I will be on Saturday 4.17.10...especially since that's Andrews 4th birthday. On my last visit to housing I was told all of their shelters are full. There is a chance one may open up. I understand there are many shelters,however at the moment I am only dealing with the ones that are used by Red Cross.

The most important thing is that there is a bed for the both of us to sleep on. I don't mind if we are both on the same bed.The first few days after the fire I slept 3 hours a night. Then I moved up to 4 hours and am now back and forth between 5 and 7 hours though I usually wake up after 5 hours and lay back down for two more. Either way after being up for 5 hours I feel really sleepy and fatigued. I am feeling much better and am no longer sick.Andrew is scheduled for a doctors visit on 4.29.10 and I will get my check ups done around then as well.

The hotel room I am in is in the basement. The signal is weak so phone calls my go to voicemail. I've finally got my laptop working down here (woo hoo!). When I am out I usually need two hands to deal with my bag and Andrew (I also need to pay attention to my surroundings). The area where my hotel is (Sunset Park) is beneath the BQE so it's sometimes loud outside. If I am not walking to a train or a government office I am usually on the train. If I am not on a train I would (in this circumstance) possibly be in a government office. Most waiting rooms do not allow cell phones. For the ones that do allow phones I try to text as not to be rude to others waiting around me. It is better to email me at susannahpryce@gmail.com as I may not check blog comments often. My mom has gone back to Florida so I've had very little down time (with Andrew and all).

Ive been to IRS, HPD, Red Cross, Post Office, Doctors Office,Bank etc...requesting copies of my documents. Yes I lost my passport and Andrews birth certificate too. I'm having some mailed. The post office is collecting mail in my name that is sent to the old address however if any of 'you' would like to send any mail (including packages) you can send it to (secure location):

Susannah Pryce
244 Fifth Avenue
Suite 200
NY,NY 10001

No solicitations please.

Oh by the way the picture attached to this post is of Andrew, myself and the un-lit fire fans next to a photo of Amma (http://www.amritapuri.org/) after a fire dance.

Every once in a while I have a flash back of something I lost...they come at the strangest moments...sometimes my eyes tear up...otherwise I'm ok. Andrew still thinks he may go home when the place is fixed. Some folks have asked me if people still live there...The place was vacated and is boarded up. I am the only one who lost everything (since the fire originated in my room). Everyone else was able to get their things. Even after the fire they were able to go in with the fire inspector and get stuff (with water and smoke damage). I have nothing to go and get. There is some rubble under a tarp that is tied down (in front of the house). I imagine only my two file cabinets are salvageable. It is highly possible the landlord may hire a company to throw the stuff away. I will worry about the file cabinets once I have a place to put them.

Thanks to everyone for your support...Let me count the ways...
1.




2. Donations can also be sent by going to http://www.paypal.com/ and putting in my email address (if the link is unusable)

3.Save the date! Benefit Party Fri May 28. Will post info on this blog once all is confirmed.To donate time or service email susannahpryce@gmail.com.

FYI: Saturday is Andrews 4th birthday! Happy Birthday Bookie Bear!

P.S. I have a wish list connected to this profile. Please keep in mind it is not a want list. It is not a need list. It is a 'Wish' list and there may be some uncommon goods on there...a gal can dream can't she!

Finally,

Please forward this link or my email to anyone who may be interested in the benefit party: http://www.perfecttyming.blogspot.com/.

Thank you! !Gracias! Merci! Arigahto! Geenkooya! Spahceebah! Obrigado! Madlobt! Grazie!תודה! धन्यवाद! Danke! אַ דאַנק! Salamat! Dank u! Köszönöm! Mulţumesc! Tack! спасибі! teşekkür ederim! คุณขอบคุณ! go raibh maith agat! σας ευχαριστώ! Hvala vam! děkuji! Tak!

No comments:

Post a Comment